Employer details: Fire and Oak
Location: 209 Vanhorne Street S Cranbrook, BCV1C 6R9
Salary: $20.00 hourly; 30 to 40 hours per Week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment Full time
Day, Early Morning, Evening, Flexible Hours, Morning, Night, On Call, Overtime, Shift, To be determined, Weekend
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Source Job Bank #2445419
· Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Ranks of chefs
· Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
· Analyze operating costs and other data.
· Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff.
· Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks, and other kitchen workers
· Create new recipes.
· Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
· Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets.
· Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff.
· Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions.
· Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
· Requisition food and kitchen supplies
· Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
· Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions.
· Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs.
· Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants
· Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards.
· Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
· Recruit and hire staff.
· Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
· Train staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of food
Work conditions and physical capabilities
· Fast-paced environment
· Work under pressure
· Tight deadlines
· Handling heavy loads
· Physically demanding
· Attention to detail.
· Combination of sitting, standing, walking
· Standing for extended periods
· Bending, crouching, kneeling
· Efficient interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral communication
· Team player
· Health care plan
How to apply