Position: First cook
Employer: Ramada Hotel Downtown Calgary
Location: 708 – 8th Ave SW Calgary, ABT2P 1H2
Salary: $17.00 / hour
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time30 to 40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: On call, Overtime, Morning, Day, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours, To be determined
Source Job no.# 2292758
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
Food Safety Certificate
Hotel, motel, resort
Client focus, Dependability, Excellent oral communication, Flexibility, Initiative, Judgement, Organized, Reliability, Team player
· Preview the daily food service functions.
· Assign employees daily tasks in an organized fashion.
· Promote the efficient production of the tasks assigned for all individual food service outlets.
· Plan, create and execute all food functions from the pre-preparation stages to the point where the customer receives the food product.
· All the while ensuring quality in taste and presentation of all menu items.
· Possess thorough knowledge of superior quality food production, preparation and presentation techniques and methods.
· Take the initiative in organizing and preparing food products when unscheduled events occur and the situation requires prompt action.
· Conduct frequent inspections of all food storage areas in order to prevent food spoilage and maximize the food cost expenditures. Responds to guest complaints and resolves them in a way that ensures the guest is satisfied, will return again and that every guest departs happy.
· Maintain daily cleaning schedules to ensure kitchen’s cleanliness and sanitation.
· Ensure that equipment is functioning, sanitized and that any maintenance is reported to management. Responds to guest complaints and resolves them in a way that ensures the guest is satisfied, will return again and that every guest departs happy.
· Train and mentor new and existing employees in all aspects of culinary development in all of the kitchen food service.
· Collaborate with the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the creation and execution of the overall annual business plan.
· Including but not limited to the strategic plan, cost budget as well as monthly, quarterly and annual action plans for kitchen departments.
· Develop, in consultation with the Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, standards for food service within the Banquet department with respect to cooking and presentation of all menu items.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, physically demanding, Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Work under pressure
Health care plan
Long term benefits
How to apply