GENERAL STORE MANAGER (NOC 0621)
Lakeside Eco-Sports is seeking a passionate, reliable, dynamic, and full-time Store Manager, who will be able to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the business, providing management and sales day-to-day operations of the store.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Duties include but not limited to:
· Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of the store: management and sales.
· Manage staff and assign duties.
· Overseeing inventory by working closely with vendors.
· Address staffing requirements, including the hiring, development, and retention of staff.
· Creating protocols to protect the store, including theft management.
· Adhering to health and safety protocols and policies.
· Constructing a schedule for employees and manage their time off, sick leave, and time tracking.
· Developing holiday promotions to drive traffic to the store.
· Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes, and effect of competitors’ operations on sales.
· Develop and implement marketing strategies.
· Plan budgets, authorize expenditures, and monitor revenues.
· Managing financials, including bank drop-offs, for the entire store.
· Determine merchandise and services to be sold and implement price and credit policies.
· Evaluate and improve customer service and respond to customer requests and issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
· Completion of secondary school is required.
· A university degree or college diploma in business administration or other field related sales, management, Tourism & Hospitality and/or marketing strategies related to the product or service being sold may be required.
· Advanced Level of English.
· Minimum 2-3 years in the Tours & Activities Sector.
· Minimum 2-5 years in a Managerial Position related to Global Sales, Global Marketing, Global Business Development and Global leadership experience preferable.
· Must be able to work independently in an unsupervised setting.
· May handle cash, credit card, debit card and gift card transactions and provide change.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
· Standing long hours.
· Working under pressure.
· Resilience, flexible and mentally tough to deal with day-to-day variations.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Problem solving.
· Must be able to lift 50lbs ore more as required by the business.
· Employer: Lakeside Eco-Sports
· Work Setting: At the store.
· Location: 1675 Abbott St, Kelowna BC V1Y 8S3
· Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
· Hours of work: 40 hours per week.
· Schedule: Wednesdays to Sundays (Our peak days are on the weekend) from 8:30 am (Set up for opening) to 12:30pm and from 4:30 pm to 8:30pm. Flexibility to work overtime, evenings and/or weekends, holidays, if required.
· Wages: $31.00 per hour (as per median wage).
· Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations.
· Hiring 1 candidate only.
· Urgently hiring
· Competitive Salary
· Store discount: 20% discount on e-bike rentals and 20% discount on e-bike purchasing
· Opportunity for learning and growth
ANTICIPATED START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: As soon as possible.
Preference given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons / Aboriginals, Visible Minorities, etc.
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at email@example.com with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.