Position: Digger – construction
Employer details: Eagle Valley Excavating Inc
Location: 6419 Lefeuvre Rd Abbotsford, BCV4X 2C1
Salary: $20.77 to $21.77 hourly (to be negotiated) 30 to 40 hours per Week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment Full time
Day, Early Morning, Evening, Flexible Hours, Morning, Night, On Call, Overtime, Shift, To be determined, Weekend
Start date: Starts as soon as possible.
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Source: Job Bank #2425614
English language knowledge is highly desirable but not mandatory. We understand this requires specific knowledge and skills and adherence to safety practices, procedures, and standards required in line construction. We have bilingual staff at work, and we can offer a translator to a qualified candidate. We would further assist qualified applicants with English language courses in Canada. We have translated Food safety manuals as well. We would make sure they start learning English from the very first day
· No degree, certificate or diploma
· Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas.
· Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites.
· Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt.
· Assist tradespersons such as carpenters, bricklayers, cement finishers, roofers and glaziers in construction activities.
· Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities.
· Assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction.
· Assist in drilling and blasting rock at construction sites.
· Assist miners in excavating and in setting up and operating various drills and other surface mining machinery.
· Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel.
· Assist in demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials.
· Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment.
· Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed.
· Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps.
· Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants, and remove asbestos and other hazardous materials.
· Oil and grease hoists and similar equipment
· Direct traffic at or near construction sites
· Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
· Fast-paced environment
· Work under pressure
· Physically demanding
· Tight deadlines
· Manual dexterity
· Repetitive tasks
· Handling heavy loads
· Attention to detail
· Hand-eye co-ordination
· Overtime required
· Sound discrimination
· Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
· Client focus
· Efficient interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral communication
· Team player
How to apply